Unacceptable Behaviours - Report a Concern
- The University of Chester is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive environment for all members of the University community.
- We value equality and diversity and promote respect.
- If you or someone you know has experienced or witnessed unacceptable behaviour such as harassment, discrimination, sexual assault, abuse, bullying or hate crime you can report it by using our simple reporting tool.
- All students, staff, visitors and employers can report using this tool.
- You can report an incident wherever it has occurred, for example off campus, during placement and in the workplace.
- If you or someone else is in immediate danger or if emergency assistance is required, please call the emergency services on 999.
- If you need support out of hours and are on campus, you can contact Security by telephoning 01244 511 541
Using this Form
You can report an incident(s) that has happened to you, an incident that you have witnessed or you can make a report on behalf of someone else (with their knowledge).
- If you give your contact details, an Adviser will contact you to within 3 working days to discuss what you would like to happen and what support you need.
- This does not initiate the formal complaints process but gives you an opportunity to explore your options for reporting and support.
- Any information you provide will remain confidential unless we believe there is a serious threat or welfare concern.
- If you choose to report something anonymously, this means that we will not be able to contact you and offer you any advice or support.
- Making an anonymous report informs the University that something has happened and allows us to better understand the prevalence of issues within our community and take positive action to address these. It will not instigate any part of our formal disciplinary or complaints process. However, you should be aware that in certain circumstances the University may have an obligation or legal duty to disclose information.
- If you are reporting your concern anonymously, we will not be able to follow up with you to ask for further supporting evidence, so please ensure that you have included all relevant information before you submit your report.
- If you report anonymously, you can report again providing your contact details if you change your mind.
If you are a student and would like further support or guidance, you can email email@example.com or by telephoning 01244 511550 (9AM - 4.30 Monday to Thursday and 9AM – 4 PM on Friday). You can also access information on our Portal (staff or student login required).
If you are a member of staff and would like further support or guidance you can contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01244 512047. You can also contact the University’s Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 0800 028 0199. Further details of support for staff are available.
If you are a visitor or other user and would like further support or guidance, you can contact Student Services on 01244 511550 (9AM - 4.30 Monday to Thursday and 9AM – 4 PM on Friday)
Depending on the nature of your report, you may find it useful to refer to relevant University policies, including our: